Tuesday, September 20

Busy, Busy.

There's lots to do in TY now. We have a project to do in nearly every class.
In geography we have to do a hypothetic round the world trip where we will research 6 countries in detail. It will take a long time but hopefully I will find it interesting and learn new things. I might even get to visit the countries some day :)
We are all entering the BT Young Scientist competition and we're thinking very hard to come up with interesting, original ideas to work on. My group have decided to research Ichthyotherapy - with the little fish that suck the dead skin off your feet. It sounds weird, but I think it would be good to find out about and experience.
We all have to come up with a product and form a mini-company. We've split into groups and now we must decide on what to do. We are all eager to get started but our teacher insists on teaching us the basics of Business, which isn't very fun.
In Home Ec, we were given a white t-shirt and a white pair of trousers which must be transformed into something completely different. Each group must use one colour to base their whole design on. My group have chosen Orange and we want to do a Lion King sort of theme. I'm really excited to do these and see what crazy outfit we'll end up with..
In Tech, we've moved on to our second project, a Key Holder. My first project, a key-ring, wasn't very good so I'm hoping to improve my skills this time round.
We will be starting our Irish projects soon. I must write about myself, my family, my school, my hometown and my hobbies. I will present my project to the class by speaking in Irish, and this will count for 50% of my total grade for the year.
It will be difficult to find time for all these projects as I have different activities on after school every day. There is also a new school hockey coach, and she has added another day of training. There will be an extra training session on today after school so I hope it will be good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment